Friday, July 1, 2011

Back to Africa #3--Counting the minutes

Well the day has arrived to depart for Africa.  This week has been nothing sort of bizarre, crazy, frustrating, disappointing, maddening, stressful, exciting, all wrapped up to make me weak in one week.
I'm the last person to see Satan under every rock, but some of the stuff that hit the fan this week was just plainly put, bizarre.  As I look back, I was reminded this morning while I repacked that it was all in preparation for Africa.  We in America really know very little about the old adage, "Stuff Happens".  In Africa, they have it honed to a science.  Patience and flexibility is the name of the game.  I have always hated when I have prayed for patience, God doesn't just give it to me.  He puts me in situations where I have to learn it all over again.  This, I have discovered over the years is something He is VERY good at.  With my bent sense of humor, I wonder if He smirks a little when He places me, yet again, into a process of relearning what it really means to completely depend on Him for Everything.
As often as I am able I will be sharing the ups and downs, and overall adventures that Tom and I will share together over the next 13 days together.
Please continue to pray for us as well as our Lead Pastor Keith Boyer and Northern Range Campus Pastor, Mark Hardacre as they are in India this week as well.
Until my next entry from Africa,  Asante Sana and Barikiwa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment